I have long loved the humble, crunchy carrot and once ate so many my skin got that odd orange (carotene) glow … however too many also made my gut a little unhappy. So I’m now a bit more restrained but still include some most days, and love the rich purple carrots that are in seasons at the moment. These are packed with anthocyanins which are polyphenol antioxidants that are amazing at protecting your body from harmful oxidative stress, and are absolutely delicious roasted with a good quality olive oil .
This is my latest way of enjoying them, sometimes with the addition of yellow and orange carrots as well to make the dish extra pretty!
We use all organic or biodynamic ingredients.
- 4 -5 medium carrots (purple/ yellow &/or orange), washed and dried
- 1 tbsp extra virgin, cold pressed olive oil
- 1 tsp ground cumin seeds
- ½ tsp good quality salt
- 1 cup Greek yoghurt
- ½ - 1 tbsp harissa paste
- ½ tsp ground coriander seeds
- Mint finely chopped and microgreens to serve
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 6 tbsp extra virgin, cold pressed olive oil
- Pinch good quality salt
- Preheat oven to 180 oC
- Line an oven tray with parchment paper
- Place whole carrots on tray
- Mix cumin powder into olive oil and drizzle over the carrots
- Roast for around 40-60 mins until well cooked
- Allow to cool a little
- Mix yoghurt, harissa paste & coriander together in bowl
- Place harissa yoghurt on serving plate and lay carrots on top.
- Drizzle with dressing and top with microgreens & mint
- Serve warm with gf seed crackers or gf pita bread