There are so many good things to go on crackers (avocado, humus, nut butters, beetroot dip etc. ) but it is pretty hard to find a tasty cracker that meets our preferences of being organic, no seed oils and gluten free.
So I started making these cheesy crackers which are incredibly simple, a good source of protein and calcium and really tasty. Next up is to try making them with a hard goats cheese!
Preparation Time: 30 mins
Cooking Time: 10 -12 mins
Serves: 4 - 6 People
We use all organic or biodynamic ingredients.
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 cup grated cheese (organic, grass fed)
- 1 tbsp hulled hemp seeds
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- Good quality salt
- Preheat oven to 180oC
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper
- In a food processor blend the almond meal and cheese together until they form a dough
- Divide the dough into 4 and roll each portion into a ball
- Place the ball on parchment paper and cover with another layer of parchment paper
- Roll with a rolling pin until dough is thin (about 2-3 mm)
- Cut out small circles (with a cookie cutter) or rectangles with a knife, and gently lift off the paper with a knife or spatula and place on oven tray.
- Once all dough is used up, top each cracker with a little piece of rosemary and a sprinkle of salt if desired.
- Place tray in oven and bake for 10-12 minutes until crackers are golden.
- Remove and allow to cool on tray.
- Store in airtight container if not using straight away.
- Top with your favourite topping or dip and enjoy with a cool drink.
- Pack for school snacks or food on the go.