The evidence is pretty clear that cacao powder pretty much has super powers!
If you haven’t already worked out that eating chocolate makes you feel good, research has confirmed that the antioxidants in cacao offer neuron protection and enhance cognition and positive mood. They can also positively affect the body’s immune response, reduce inflammation and inhibit bacterial growth in the gut. When cacao powder is blended with organic cacao butter and a little raw honey, we definitely have a chocolate your body will love. Add some activated nuts & seeds, dried fruit and toasted coconut and we get these delicious little nutrient dense, festive clusters that are perfect for almost any occasion.
Preparation Time: 25 mins
Makes around 30 clusters
We use all organic or biodynamic ingredients.
- 1 cup flaked coconut, lightly toasted
- ½ cup activated cashews, roughly chopped
- ½ cup activated pecans, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup pepitas
- 1/3 cup tart cherries, roughly chopped
- 4 medjool dates, finely chopped
- ½ tsp good quality salt
- 1 cup pure cacao butter
- ¾ cup raw cacao powder
- 1-2 tsp raw honey (or maple syrup for vegan option)
- Grease a mini muffin pan with a little coconut oil, or use mini muffin paper cups.
- Mix all ingredients except cacao butter, cacao and honey, in a large mixing bowl
- Melt cacao butter in a bowl over a pan of simmering water
- Remove from heat and add cacao powder and honey. Blend until well combined.
- Pour this chocolate over the dry ingredients and mix well with a wooden spoon.
- With a teaspoon, spoon into pan or cups, filling past the top.
- Refrigerate or freeze until completely set.
Sprinkle with a little extra salt and enjoy at any time …with anything really!