When you are given lemons …
Our beautiful neighbours gave me a big bag of wild grown bush lemons from their parents property, and they have been put to good use! These native Australian lemons are a great source of vitamin C to assist your immune system in these colder months and the lemon peel also contains limonene and other flavonoids that may be protective against some cancers.
Grab a warm cup of herbal tea and enjoy this cake with family & friends.
Preparation Time: 20 mins
Cooking Time: 40 mins
Serves: 6-8 People
We use all organic or biodynamic ingredients
- 2 cups almond meal
- ¼ cup tapioca flour
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarb powder
- Pinch of high quality salt
- Fine zest of 1 large lemon
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- ½ cup cold pressed, extra virgin olive oil
- 4 free range eggs
- 2 tbsp macadamia butter with 1 tsp lemon juice mixed in
- ½ cup macadamias
- 1 tsp raw honey
- Pinch or two of high quality salt
- Heat oven to 180oC
- Line a 23cm round cake pan with parchment paper
- Mix dry ingredients (almond meal, tapioca, baking powder & soda, salt and zest) together in large bowl
- In another bowl, whisk wet ingredients (lemon juice, oil and eggs) together until well mixed
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and blend gently with a wooden spoon
- Pour into lined cake pan and bake for 40 minutes or until cooked through.
- While cake is cooking, warm a heavy based fry pan over medium heat, add the macadamias and honey and stir until golden brown and toasted. Salt to taste.
- Allow cake to cool a little before removing from pan.
- Once cooled, spread with lemon macadamia butter and top with toasted macadamias.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with a cup of Restore Botanical Tea.