Gifting home made goodies is a beautiful way to share a bit of love with family & friends. Making your treats nutrient dense and organic means you are also sharing the gift of health, in a delicious way.
Finding a light and delicious gluten free muffin recipe has been a long-time mission of ours. We finally experimented enough to create a soft, not too dense muffin. We decided that to honour this achievement we needed to add (arguably) the best add-ins possible- the classic raspberry choccy chip!
Gluten Free, Dairy free,
We use all organic or biodynamic ingredients
Makes 8 large muffins
- 1 large banana or 2 medium (mashed)
- ½ cup activated almond milk
- ¼ cup macadamia oil
- 1 tbsp macadamia nut butter (can sub for other nut butter if needed)
- 2 eggs
- ¼ - ½ cup coconut sugar (optional)
- 2 cups cassava flour
- ½ cup raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of good quality salt
- ½ cup chocolate chips (we used pana dark chocolate baking pieces)
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Line a muffin pan with paper liners, or grease with coconut oil.
- Whisk the eggs in a large bowl.
- Add in the mashed banana, almond milk, macadamia butter, macadamia oil and vanilla extract to the eggs and mix to combine.
- Stir in the cassava flour, cacao powder, baking soda and salt. Mix thoroughly to form batter.
- Gently stir through the chocolate chips and frozen raspberries.
- Divide mixture between approx. 8 muffin tins.
- Bake for 20 -25 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Once done, remove from the oven and eat them warm... or let them cool outside of the muffin tray!