Sometimes when we need to get our team together for a meeting I bribe them with healthy snacks (it helps punctuality!).
With a high ratio of young adult males in the mix, for our last gathering I made these chocolate chip cookies in extra large size. They go perfectly with a warm brew or a Holy Mother botanical tea.
Makes: 10 large cookies
We use all organic or biodynamic ingredients.
- 1 ½ cups cassava flour
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 2 tsps baking powder
- pinch of high quality salt
- 2/3 cup raw chocolate, roughly chopped & extra to top
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 2 eggs or for vegan option, 1 tbsp flaxseed meal mixed with 2 tbsp water
- ½ cup melted grass fed butter or coconut oil1 tbsp cold pressed macadamia nut or olive oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Mix dry ingredients together in large bowl.
- Lightly beat eggs or mix flaxseed meal & water together and allow to sit for 2-3 minutes
- Whisk together oil, maple syrup or honey, vanilla and eggs/flax mix. Blend into dry ingredients with a wooden spoon, until combined.
- Spoon large tablespoons of mix onto lined baking tray and top with extra chunks of chocolate.
- Bake for 12-15 mins until golden brown.
- Cool on tray, then turn onto rack to finish.