The weather is warming up and the passionfruit are falling from the vines faster than we can eat them. Rich in fibre, vitamin C and carotenes these fruits are the perfect flavour booster in raw slices and summer puddings. With coconut, banana, dates and vanilla this easy slice is the epitome of summer snacking, and keeps well in the freezer (if no one knows about it!).
Preparation Time: 30 mins
Setting Time: 2 hours
Serves: 6-8 People
We use all organic or biodynamic ingredients.
- ¾ cup coconut flakes
- ½ cup activated almonds
- ½ cup activated buckwheat
- 6 dates, seeds removed
- 1 tbsp coconut butter
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or powder
- ½ tsp high quality salt
- 2 medium or 3 small ripe bananas, peeled
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- ½ tsp vanilla extract or powder
- 1-2 tsp honey (optional)
- Pulp of 2- 3 passionfruit
- 1 cup coconut yoghurt
- Pulp of 2 passionfruit
- 2 tbsp toasted coconut flakes
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Place coconut, almonds & buckwheat in food processor and blend until rough flour like consistency. Add remaining ingredients and blend until dough forms.
- With wet hands, press dough into bottom and a little up the sides of the pan
- Place in freezer while making the centre
- Blend all ingredients except passionfruit together in food processor until smooth
- Mix the passionfruit pulp in with a spoon.
- Pour onto the base, cover with wax wrap and return to the freezer for at least 2 hours.
- Remove from freezer about 10-15 minutes before serving.
- Spread with coconut yoghurt, and top with passionfruit pulp and coconut flakes.
- Slice and enjoy