Sometimes you need a simple cake to decorate for a birthday celebration, or just because! This delicious vegan, gluten free version of chocolate cake is light, moist and really simple to make. We like to use a creamy avocado based topping but you could use melted raw chocolate & nuts, or coconut yoghurt with fresh berries.
Gluten Free, Vegan, Dairy free
Serves 6 – 8
We use organic ingredients
- 1 ½ cups gluten free flour mix (we use The Gluten Free Food Co flour blend)
- 1/2 cup raw cacao
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp bicarb soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1/3 cup macadamia nut oil
- 1 tbsp coconut yoghurt
- 1 cup nut milk (almond, cashew) or coconut milk
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large ripe avocados
- 2 tbsp raw cacao
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp honey or maple syrup
Preheat oven to 180oC
Line round cake tin with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix flour, cacao powder, coconut sugar, bicarb soda, baking powder, and salt until well combined.
- Whisk nut milk, oil, yoghurt, vinegar & vanilla together.
- Mix wet ingredients with dry mix for around 1 minute until well combined.
- Pour into lined medium sized cake tin.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until skewer comes clean out of middle of cake.
- Allow to cool slightly then tip onto cooling rack to cool completely.
- Place all the topping ingredients into food processor and blend until smooth.
- Smooth over the base and place in refrigerator to set.
Top with fresh berries, mangoes, honey roasted chopped macadamias & or edible flowers.