We have teamed up with Holy Joe cold drip coffee & Wilda PT studio to create these delicious protein rich balls, designed to help recovery after a workout or a nutrient dense snack at any time.
Using activated almonds & pecans, tahini, hemp seeds, pepita seeds & puffed amaranth, these provide not only plant based protein, but also a handy dose of dietary fibre and a nice mix of vitamins, minerals & phytonutrients.
Gluten Free, vegan
We use all organic ingredients
Makes ~ 8 large balls
Chewy Caramel Centre
- 4 fresh medjool dates, seeds removed
- 1/2 tbsp hulled tahini
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of pink lake salt
- 1 tbsp activated pecans or almonds, chopped roughly into small pieces
Coffee Chocolate layer
- ½ cup creamed coconut/coconut butter
- ½ cup hulled hemp seeds
- 4 dates, seeds removed
- 1 tbsp activated pepita seeds
- 1/3 cup raw cacao
- 2 tbsp Holy Joe cold drip coffee (regular or decaf)
- ½ cup puffed amaranth
- Blend dates, tahini, vanilla & salt in strong food processor until thoroughly combined.
- Mix through chopped pecans.
- With wet hands roll into small (thumbnail size) balls.
- Place on parchment lined tray and put in freezer.
- Add hemp seeds, almonds, coconut butter, dates, cacao & cold drip coffee to food processor and blend until well combined and mixture is smooth.
- Roughly chop the pepita seeds and mix through the above mixture until well combined.
- Remove the centre balls from the freezer, and roll each with a layer of the chocolate/coffee mix until you have a smooth, larger ball.
- Roll each ball in puffed amaranth, and place back on tray lined with parchment paper. Freeze for at least an hour.
- Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator until ready to eat.
Photographed in the Peace Offering Bowl