Nature has a clever way of ensuring that many fresh fruits & vegetables that come into season at the same time, complement each other so well! Think cauliflower & pomegranate, radicchio lettuce & oranges, rocket & basil… and of course fresh blueberries & lemon! This simple gluten free loaf makes a delicious breakfast loaf, or healthy snack, and can be made vegan by substituting eggs for flax ‘eggs’ or additional bicarb & apple cider vinegar – we will try this soon!
We use all organic ingredients
Makes 1 loaf | Serves 8-10 people
- 2 cups almond flour
- ¼ cup tapioca flour
- 1 tsp bicarb soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup macadamia nut oil (could use avocado or coconut oil)
- 3 free range eggs
- ¼ cup raw honey
- Juice & zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Finely chopped activated almonds to top
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix together almond & tapioca flour, bicarb soda, salt and lemon zest.
- In another bowl whisk together oil, egg, honey, lemon juice & vanilla.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix together well.
- Fold in blueberries gently.
- Pour mix into loaf pan.
- Bake in oven for approx. 30-40 mins until golden on top and cooked through.
TO SERVEAllow to cool a little then slice & serve warm with a dollop of coconut yoghurt & fresh blueberries.