Undoubtedly one of the most popular home baking, Instagrammed dishes of 2020 during the COVID pandemic lockdown, the humble banana bread or loaf has risen to star status. There are so many delicious ways to make this naturally sweet loaf – this is our gluten free version with pecans, which we are pretty smitten with … particularly eaten warm with organic macadamia nut butter on top!
If you use really ripe bananas there is no need for any added honey or maple syrup – if your nanas are a little green you may need to add a little.
Gluten Free, Dairy Free Option
We use all organic ingredients
Serves 6-8 people, Makes 1 loaf
- 3 medium ripe bananas, mashed + 1 small firmer one to top
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1 cup cup tapioca flour
- 1 tsp bicarb soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- ½ cup activated pecans, roughly chopped. Extra 6-8 pecans to top
- 2 free range, organic eggs, whisked together
- 2 tbsp macadamia nut oil (can use avocado or coconut oil or melted butter)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180°C fan forced.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper
- In a bowl, mix together almond & tapioca flour, bicarb soda, cinnamon, ginger & pecans.
- In another bowl whisk together bananas, eggs ,oil & vanilla.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix together well.
- Pour mix into loaf pan.
- Top with thinly sliced banana & whole pecans.
- Bake in oven for approx. 30-40 mins until golden on top and cooked through.
Allow to cool a little then slice & serve warm spread with macadamia nut butter.