Sometimes when we need to get our team together for a meeting I bribe them with healthy snacks (it helps punctuality!). With a high ratio of young adult males in the mix, for our last gathering I made these man sized chocolate chip cookies … which go perfectly with a cup of Cloud Hidden tea or a shot of iced Holy Joe Coffee (a bonus of working alongside these creative guys!).
gluten free, vegan
Makes around 10 large cookies
We use all organic/biodynamic ingredients
- 1 ½ cups cassava flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- ½ cup tapioca flour
- 2 tsps baking powder
- Pinch of high quality salt
- 120g (2/3 cup) raw chocolate, roughly chopped
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp flaxseed meal mixed with 2 tbsp water
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Mix dry ingredients together in large bowl.
- Melt oil over low heat.
- Mix flaxseed meal & water together and allow to sit for 2-3 minutes.
- Whisk together oil, maple syrup, vanilla and flax mix. Blend into dry ingredients with a wooden spoon, until combined.
- Spoon large tablespoons of mix onto lined baking tray and bake for 12-15 mins until golden brown.
- Cool on tray, then turn onto rack to finish.
Serve while still a little warm with a cup of tea or a brew.