This delicious cake is a raw, healthier alternative to traditional chocolate cake or cheesecake, with a fresh, light flavour, and a short preparation time. It also provides loads of dietary fibre, vitamins and minerals and antioxidants and is gluten free and lactose free. For variety, use different nuts in the base and choose your preferred sweetener in the filling.
PS I’ve had many non avocado eaters who love this and are non the wiser as to its secret ingredient!
Vegan, Gluten Free, Raw
Serves 6 – 8
We use organic ingredients
- 1 ½ cups activated raw nuts (I used mix of pecans, almonds & brazil nuts)
- ¼ cup hemp seeds
- 8 fresh medjool dates, seeds removed
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3 large ripe avocados
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- ¾ cup raw cacoa powder
- 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup (to taste)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla essence
- In a food processor blend nuts & hemp seeds until crumbly. Add dates and salt and blend until mixture is ‘dough like’.
- Line a spring form pan with parchment paper or eco cling wrap and press the dough into the bottom of the pan.
- Place in the freezer to harden while you make the fudge filling.
- Place all the filling ingredients into food processor and blend until smooth. Pour over the base and return to freezer for around 3 hours until set.
- Remove from freezer and let sit for 10-15 minute. Top with fresh berries, mint, chopped raw dark chocolate, thinly slice and serve with coconut yoghurt if desired. Store remaining cake back in freezer.