We love our first meal of the day, even more so now when we add a cold drip coffee brew to the menu. However, often we don’t eat until mid to late morning so we get a 14 hour fast between meals, and sometimes we are nowhere near home when we are ready to eat. So we got our homemade granola and blended it with some dates, vanilla & tahini then topped it with Holy Joe infused raw chocolate, to give us our breakfast in a bar. These are nutrient dense and you can play around with the nuts & dried fruit you add to create your own masterpiece.
Gluten Free, vegan
We use all organic ingredients
Makes ~ 12 bars
- 8 fresh medjool dates, seeds removed
- 1 tbsp hulled tahini
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 tbsp coconut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of high quality salt
- 2 cups coconut flakes
- 1 cup activated pecans
- ½ cup activated almonds
- 1/3 cup hemp seeds
- 1/3 cup dried mulberries or chopped dried figs
Coffee Chocolate topping
- 1cup cacao butter
- 2 tbs raw cacao powder
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 1 tbsp Holy Joe cold drip coffee (regular or decaf) Available in our Byron Bay store.
- Cacao nibs to top
- Blend dates, tahini, coconut oil, coconut butter, vanilla & salt in strong food processor until thoroughly combined.
- Add remaining ingredients and pulse until blended through but still a bit chunky.
- With wet hands press into parchment lined loaf pan and put in freezer
- Melt cacoa butter over low heat, then blend in food processor with cacao, honey & coffee.
- Pour over base ingredients and return to freezer for at least two hours.
- Cut into bars or squares and sprinkle with cacao nibs.
- Store in a sealed container in the freezer or refrigerator until ready to eat.
- Serve with an iced Holy Joe brew, and finish with a handful of fresh berries.