Making a morning brew has long been a ritual in our home, and historically it has been a theatrical (and very messy) event. With coffee beans from one end of the kitchen to the other, and medicinal mushroom & herbal powders littering the bench, it was deemed that the Guru needed his own brew space in our new home. This has contained the spread, however the ritual still seemed to require many packets & containers, spoons, cups etc. to get the desired result. Out of necessity comes success – and the creation of our brew elixirs. These have been designed to not only share our love of a good brew, but to keep the mess in the kitchen to a minimum.
Our Immunity Elixir is the original Guru Brew blend, used by Frankie for years as his go to ingredients for a good, grungy, immune boosting, anti-ageing brew. Finally, we share the recipe.
We use all organic/biodynamic ingredients
Gluten, dairy free, vegan option
Serves 2 people
We use a coffee grinder and pour over equipment.
- ¼ cup (~2tbsp) organic, fair trade coffee beans, ground
- 2 tsp Immunity Elixir
- 2 tsp ghee and/or coconut butter/ coconut oil/ grass fed butter
- Make pour over coffee using freshly ground coffee beans (see video).
- Add to stainless jug, add Immunity Elixir and 2 tsp of ghee &/or coconut butter/coconut oil/grass fed butter.
- Blend with hand blender or bench blender until well mixed and frothy.
- Serve hot sprinkled with a little cacao or cinnamon.