I like to keep some raw treats in the freezer for those occasions when friends or neighbours drop in for a cuppa or there is an overriding need for a chocolate fix. These mocha balls were based on a rum ball recipe, with a coffee flavour instead of rum.
Using activated almonds, shredded coconut, and Holy Joe cold drip coffee these balls provide a boost of fibre & a host of phyto nutrients with a delicious fudgy taste.
Gluten Free, vegan
We use all organic ingredients
Makes ~ 20 small balls
- 8 fresh medjool dates, seeds removed
- 1 cup activated almonds
- ½ cup creamed coconut/coconut butter
- ¼ cup shredded coconut
- 2 tsp Vitality Elixir (optional)
- 1 -2 tbsp cold drip coffee (decaf if preferred)
- 1 ½ tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp Ceylon cinnamon
- ½ tsp high quality salt
- Additional shredded coconut & cacao to serve
- Blend ball ingredients together in strong food processor until thoroughly combined.
- With wet hands roll into small balls.
- Roll half the balls in shredded coconut and the other half in cacao powder.
- Place on tray lined with parchment paper, and put in freezer for 1 hour.
- Store in a sealed container in the freezer (hidden at the back if you want them to last!) and take out 10 minutes before eating.