After a few months perfecting our cold drip coffee in the Mizu tower, we thought it might be interesting to try some other cold drip brews and were pleasantly surprised to find that ground roast dandelion root also produces a richly flavoured drop when used in the Mizu for a slow overnight ‘brewing’. We quite often use decaf coffee beans, and this offers another low caffeine/caffeine free option for those who are caffeine sensitive.
You can use cold drip dandelion to make a warm brew, but I’m loving the richness of this iced chai brew with a dash of raw honey to offset the slightly bitter taste.
Vegan, Gluten Free
We use all organic ingredients
Makes 2 cups
- 1/4 cup cold drip roast dandelion root, cooled down in fridge
- 2 cups coconut water
- 1 tbsp coconut yoghurt
- 1 tsp Immunity Elixir (optional – great for supporting immune system and adds a little more ‘grunginess’ to the brew).
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp chai powder (our mix contained cinnamon, cardamon, ginger, nutmeg, black pepper)
- 1-2 tsp raw honey
- Ice cubes to blend & serve
- Add all ingredients including 2 ice cubes to food processor and blend thoroughly on high for around 30-40 seconds.
- Pour over another ice cube and dust with cinnamon powder to serve.